Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Wha?

Hi. Been a while. I'm better. I have a job now that's pretty cool. I'm in training to manage one of those ebay franchise stores. The guy that's training me is the Phoenix area B movie superstar. I will be replacing him (as if) when he moves on. I spend a lot of the day explaining to people how ebay (and ebay by proxy) works. Other tasks include researching the value of items, informing owners that their grandmother's priceless china (or what have you) is in ebay terms "crap," photographing and posting ads. I am also on occasion called upon to shoo crowds of middle schoolers who have wandered down form the local pizza game. I have learned to be humorless with them, as they do not cotton to my repartee. I have yet to learn shipping (oh boy). In the 2+ weeks I have been there we have processed (among other things) a 1966 Monster calendar (awesome!), depression glass (pretty, did not sell), many recent gadgets electronic in nature, a complete set of Sailor Moon dolls and a human skull (for medical study). It's always different. But I like it and I am learning to do it and I think it could be a good place for me.

In other news, Lily is grand (do I always say that?). She has taken up potty training at daycare and she has definitively moved into the "What's that?" phase (saints preserve us). We have not yet reached the follow up "Why?, but we're bracing for it. She talks a lot. Her favorite subject is birthplace ("I born in Georgia."). She is also conversant on Care Bears, Spider-Man and her favorite youtube video.

Jeremy is out of school for the summer and excited at the prospect of leisure time. Meaning reading things school related but not directly assigned. But it is a much free-er schedule and we are all very glad. He mentions road trips with increasing frequency. This should be an interesting summer.

We have blooms in the garden from plants that we bought and were already blooming and from plants we planted as seeds. We are proud on both counts. Pictures to come.

No comments: