Sunday, April 30, 2006

When not to fall asleep


It was Sunday morning, Lily was contentedly drawing (mostly on the paper) with washable markers. Spongebob was on, we were sitting in the bed, we had finished our cereal, and I just dropped off to sleep. When I woke up, Lily wanted something, so I told her to ask Daddy, as I was a bit groggy (or perhaps, lazy). Then I heard Jeremy's exclamation of dismay. What is it, I asked. Couldn't you see, he said. Apparently not, but there, for all to see was the lovely Princess Queequeg.

This is usually the point in the conversation where Jeremy starts humming the "Mother of the Year" theme song.

In other news, Lily and I went back to the carousel recently. Here's some pictures from then.

Jeremy is closing on the end of his first year of PhD work, so Lily and I are spending some time out of the house. If you know of a) a shady place to park in the east valley, whilst my girlchild naps, or b) a toddler friendly place to hang out that does not require the outlay of much/any cash, let me know. It's getting too hot to just drive and park, and the thrift store budget is pretty much done with. And I could go on and mention gas prices, but you'd rather hear me talk about my cats, wouldn't you. I used to have a cat that my mother didn't believe existed. He was shy. And now I have some video of Lily with the neighbor's cat, Anatole (we live in a grad student community, did you know?). Email me if you want to see it. She's funny. I'm off. I've got an apron to make (among other things).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no doubt that the allnaturalartisan is the best place to buy the wholesale kratom extracts their products are 100% relieving it relieves the stress,anxiety, and depression and makes you to get rid of the addiction of dangerous drugs like cocaine and morphine for more details visit the link